Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sheboygan

Just a quick recap of this past weekend. Instead of going to Kentucky, our Ripon team coach let me stay home and race the last WORS race of the season so I could get 8 races in to help with my overall and age group spot. Seeing how it had rained Friday and Saturday, I was expecting way worse then it actually was. When it came time to race, almost the whole track was tacky. At the start line Don told us no equalizer this year because it was to muddy. After the National Anthem, we got the gun and were off. I pushed it hard, like usual, this time I was sitting top 10 when I entered the first section of single track. Without being able to pre ride and not riding that course for over 3 years now, I didn't really know it as well as I should have. So I hit a long root and slide out, but stayed up right. A small group passed and I was sitting about 11th. I kept that pace for almost a full lap when I started to fade. I got passed a few more times until the field started to come back. I picked a few people off and rode in for a solid 13th place and 2nd in age group. This was one of the most fun races of the year. It's great to see the great progression since the beginning of the season. This was probably one of the best feeling races I have had all year and my 2nd best finish, my best was 9th overall. Still great to know I was only 6 minutes out of 4th. This is relatively close seeing how I was much farther back only a couple months ago. Only 2 more mountain bike races and my MTB season is over with. Ill be finishing the year off with cyclocross and cross nationals in January. Can't wait to see what the rest of the season has to offer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment