Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Beginning/ Conference Championships

I finally bit the bullet and started a blog. Yes I know i'm a little behind with getting one but i'm going to give it a shot. It couldn't have been a better day to start.  Some of the Ripon Red Hawks and I got to head to Notre Dome for the conference championships. Paul Meuer, Eric, Smitty Smith and myself made up the team.  Today started off a little chilly, 40 degrees with a wind chill of 34. Not the best weather for a 9 a.m time trial.  After sitting in the car for a bit, I decided to suit up and jump on the trainer.  I was bundled up in a thermal, knee warmers and arm warmers. After sitting on my Saris trainer for a bit I decided to race with only the knee warmers on.  We decided that Paul was going to lead. We planned for him to go as hard as he could and then pull off and let Smitty and I go.  After Paul pulled up Smitty and I were switching off pulls going really strong. We ended up catching the Lindsey Wilson team.  After that goal was accomplished, we now buckled down and hammered it all the way to the finish.  We ended up 2nd right behind Notre Dome. But hey not to bad for our 2nd TT and 2nd weekend of racing.  After getting some PowerBar recovery in me we drove off to a gas station to get some food before the road race at noon.  The road race started off with the pace car making a wrong turn and taking half the field with.  Good thing it was still in neutral territory.  After we caught the field the pace seemed to get slower for about the next 20 miles. I was only putting out about 120 watts. It eventually picked up and with the attacks going off the front we were finally racing. It came down to a field sprint. Eric Smith ended up 4th and I took 16th.  After a great day of fun it's time to relax and do some homework before tomorrows Crit.  Lets hope we can make something happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment