Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Highs and lows

Throughout the past couple of days I've had some great times. I rode to the capital and stood on the mile high step.  At the end of the ride I ended up riding through Highlands Ranch which has some of the biggest houses i've ever seen.  I also did a 3 hr hike with my grandma in Roxborough state park.  Today I rode to Castle Rock and what I didn't realize is that going down and coming back were all up hill.  Didn't plan on doing hills but a little extra work never hurt.  Just like Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock has some huge houses.  The roads through the subdivisions were really smooth and very little traffic which made riding really nice cause then I could enjoy the views of the mountains.  Riding through these areas makes me want to move out here even more.  On my way to Castle Rock, just off the side of the road were some MTB trails.  A couple guys were tearin it up and made me want to pull a Matthew Busche in his SPY optics commercial.  Can't wait to get my MTB so I'll be able to ride some of CO's trails. But every high has a low point.  I got a call at 3:04pm on July 31st saying that my grandfather died due to 2 types of cancer. RIP grandpa, you are now home just as you wanted.  

376624_10151067323073966_612240320_n.jpg

At Roxborough state park




Capital steps and riding home from the capital.  Sporting the Camelback this week

No comments:

Post a Comment