Sunday, June 3, 2012

Short and Sweet

Came up to Wausau feeling good. Got a pre ride in with Nathan and Ryan Baumann. About 1 mile in my front break decides to stop working I stopped gave it a couple pumps and it was back. This only lasted about another 2 miles when again I had no front break.  Good thing Rib Mountain Cycles wasn't to far away because they closed at 5 and my dad and I were leaving the race site at 4:30.  We got to Rib Mountain Cycles and Casey Hildebrandt and his crew bled my front break and tightened my lose bottom bracket. We then headed back and I went out for another lap just to test it out. Near the end of the lap a tree decides to pop up, I hit it, go over the bars head first into a tree and give myself a concussion. I made my way back and the rest of the night is still a little blurry.  Now on Sunday my neck and back hurt and i've got a splitting headache. After some pain meds my headache is finally gone and I'm feeling great. My warm up goes good, I get my first elite call up ever. I'm sitting right behind Brian Matter and Mike Phillips when Don calls go. We take off make it through the first section of single track down along the gravel road up the big hill and enter Ho Chi Min when I puncture my rear tire. I shot some CO2 into it but it didn't hold. With my day over I start to walk back with another elite racer Rebecca who bent her hanger pretty nasty.  We had a great conversation on the way back about racing. 40 minutes later we make it back I turn in my tag and call it a day. Not the best of luck for me this weekend but theres always another race can't get caught up in 1 stupid little thing like a flat. TIme to rest the head and get prepared for the races to come. 

1 comment: